HiRail Rail Brake
The HiRail Rail Brake is a self-contained braking system that bolts to the existing frame of rail service vehicles.
Features & Specifications
- System bolts to existing truck frame
- Self-contained 12VDC package
- Operated from inside the cab or panels on truck body
- Hydraulically articulated stow/deploy function
- Mounted at rear of truck
- Hydraulic cylinder provides clamping forces
- Useable in both forward and reverse rail travel directions
- Clamp to match railhead profile: Provides a wedging effect as well as providing optimal friction coefficients under a variety of conditions (water, grease, ice, etc.)
rail brake design
The brake gear is a self-contained unit that only requires a 12V DC power source from the truck. Therefore, matching the hydraulic system of each different truck will not be an issue.